Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Movember After Effects



Hello Reader,
December had begun and it was time to get rid of my November harvest. After I took up the Movember challenge, the beard had grown to an extent like never before.  It was time to hit the salon. After getting comments like “You look like a Baba” and being asked, “Are you sick?” for my rugged look, I decided to get my clean shaven appearance back on a Sunday morning. Even the barber exclaimed once, “Oh! Kaafi badh gaya iss time.”
 

After spending quarter of an hour at that salon, I was a completely changed man. I tried to look at myself in the mirror but I had to shut my eyes, as my face suddenly appeared so bright and shining after the shave that the mirror glared. 
Just kidding, I am no mirror cracking material. But, I looked more groomed and clean and fairer. 


When I was back from the salon, the first reaction that I got was from my roommate who laughed-out-loud as soon as he opened the door for me. And he kept laughing every time he looked at my face, which was quite embarrassing for a while. Next day, I got similar responses from my colleagues at office. My manager asked our team, “Who is this new guy?”

And I wanted to say, “Oh! Relax people; I only got a shave, not a plastic surgery.” 


It’s just a matter of time. You get these funny reactions and compliments from the people till they get used to watching you that way for a while. The same people who would also have said “Dude, get a shave, you look like a Hippie now.” 


But, it always helps to be groomed. It gives a better impression. You look neat, presentable and prepared for any occasion. From inside, you feel fresh and more confident. 

-Ashish

This Post is a part of #willYouShave activity at BlogAdda in association with Gillette.

Now, I would like to tag the following five fellow bloggers to write for the same prompt:

1. ramyaprao.blogspot.com
2. imtarunsingh.net

Here are the themes for your blog post-
  • Opportunities – Stories or instances where you missed out on an opportunity because of a ungroomed look.
  • Luck or Confidence? Will you leave your fate in the hands of destiny or will you step up and say yes to a well- groomed face to be at your best everyday? #WillYouShave?
Ladies, you have a say in this too! Write a blog post about the men in your life on the following themes.
  • An instance when a stubble came in the way of a man’s chance to make a good impression.
  • An instance when a well groomed look ensured that they struck gold on an opportunity given to them.


12 comments: